So! Turn of events. I ended up taking that part time position I talked about. The one I wasn't sure about. It is an outpatient position that will focus a lot on upper extremity rehabilitation and eventually, a lot more. The position that was with a private clinic in town?? Turns out, I need to stay away from said clinic. I ended up, while at an orientation for a new PRN job, meeting the OT that left that clinic. He was not able to tell me much, as he had been forced to sign a non-disclosure and non-compete clause with the company. But in gist, he basically told me to avoid it. And so did my mentor when I chatted with him on the phone the very next day. Needless to say, I emailed them and cancelled my interview. I really really really wanted to tell them why (your clinic is said to possibly be practicing things that, while not illegal, may be extremely unethical!), but I did not. I obviously would have given them names of the people I had heard things from, but still.
I am very excited about this part time opportunity, but I am also having a mini heart attack over everything right now and what is to come. I am currently in a full time role, that has never actually gotten to full time, which SUCKS. I have worked there now for 4 months. 4 MONTHS. I have been patient. I have worked hard. I have done what needs to get done. I am a good employee. But alas, I have not been rewarded. It is not necessarily my fault and it may not be my bosses fault. But I sure as heck am cranky. We talked almost two months ago about things. And he has pretty much avoided me since.
I emailed him a few days ago to let him know I had accepted a part time position. He emails then calls me, promising that things are looking up! My hours should be going up! I may be soon turning into a salaried employee instead of hourly! I hold him no. I'd rather be part time. His niceness quickly turned to...not so nice. I am stressing about this inside. I don't want to screw them over, but I feel like I am really being screwed over. He told me that the company doesn't "like" to hire people as part time. Mostly full time and PRN. Fine, I reply, classify me as PRN. He would still have to keep me on the caseload until the found a new full timer. Whatever. I am so angry. I feel like he has no right to be upset at me at all. I told him two months ago that this was something I was considering. He told me on our first phone call that what I did was fair. That he totally understands. So I don't get it. I don't get what changed.
I now feel like dragging my feet in the mud in this role. I don't even CARE. I want to cry just thinking about having to return there. I'm SURE my other supervisor is totally thrilled with all of this. :p
I just hope I can turn this other job into more hours. And quickly....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ugh, how frustrating. I'm sorry.
ReplyDelete