Monday, September 3, 2012

Ushering in fall and a new career...

You guys, I'm so excited! Tomorrow, school starts and I will soon be embarking on my crazy September journey. I get to meet my students (all 60+!!) and their teachers, principals of the buildings I will be in. It's going to be absolutely insane. I will try to post here at least once a week but I know it may be less. I already warned you. I've been pretty anxiety free as of late, and I thank my dear prescription of Lexapro for that one. I hate hate hate being reliant on pills, but it is the lowest dose possible without being cut in half, just 5mg. It makes my life easier and makes it easier for me to DEAL with life, in general. I went back on it earlier this summer, and after battling with Buspar for two weeks, asked my doc to give me Lexapro again. (Buspar was bad...SO bad.)


In the last two weeks, I've been getting myself organized for work. It's insane. It will take me a couple of months to truly organize everything, so I'm trying not to stress out too much about it.  I got my nose repierced!! Very thrilled about that. It's gone better than the last time, and it's kosher to wear it at work, so I'm all good. I was excited to see how many teachers had a little nose piercing when I was at orientation. I even asked one of them if they wore it at school. When they said yes, off to get it done I went.  I wanted it one more time before I got too old to wear it. 

We've had nice cool weather, which makes for wonderful, NON-FRIZZY hair. But it's warm again this week, so I will be battling the first week of school while I try to make great first impressions and look put together. Not going to happen, I imagine.  I just can't wait to break out my sweaters and boots. 


Yesterday, we took our last few boat rides of the summer season. We usually get one later in September, but the inlaws will be doing some construction on the cottage starting mid-month. They also will be out of town for a couple of weeks, in Colorado...so...we won't see them until at LEAST October. 

 And to herald in one of my favorite parts of fall?? Starbucks came back out with the Pumpkin Spice Latte. Seeing as this makes me POOR in the fall as much as I want to buy them, I went with these for the Keurig today. Found them at Target  and with a little vanilla creamer, it's OH SO GOOD! It's not Starbucks, but 18 of them for $12??? Significantly cheaper.  I could only get 3 or so lattes on $12.

HOWEVER....Being that tomorrow is the first day of school, I might have to jump on a Starbucks version. Or maybe I'll do that Friday as a treat for lasting the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice...or I will delete it. No trolls! Thank you! :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS