Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Avery happenings...

IMG_4647It has been awhile since we checked up on Miss Avery. I don't even know where to begin. A lot has happened over recent months with her development and she is now on par with everything, for the most part. She had been a little behind with gross motor development, but I ultimately think I didn't push hard enough sometimes for her to do tummy time. At least, not long enough for it to matter.  Other people tell me not to blame myself. As she is getting older and we are learning more about her and her budding personality? She does things when she is darn well ready to. Don't make her do it before she wants to.

I don't think I finally told you guys that she started walking (FINALLY) at 17 months of age. Almost on the cusp of "late." She turned 19 months on New Year's Eve and is now walking with almost no difficulties or hesitation at all. Even beginning some running, to the best of her ability.  This was amazing and I'm so glad we got there. We only did PT for about a month before she began crawling, then pulling herself up.  She started climbing up things soon after, and finally FINALLY walked. It was funny because she would take some steps. Then go back to crawling the next few days...Then she would take a few more steps.... Then wait a few more days again. She's brave, wants what she wants when she wants it. However. Sometimes she is cautious. Which is ok. I'm good with that. It just cracks me up at how stubborn she is!

As far as talking?? Coming along nicely. Her receptive language skills are awesome. She is beginning to understand instructions such as bring mommy and daddy this or that, amongst many others. She is not really combining two or more words together yet, but that will come. Her words have exploded. I can't even count how many she can say now. Every day there is a new one to report or laugh about.

Fine motor skills? Of course, a little above average - a 2-3 year old grasp :) (I'm an OT, of COURSE  I made sure those were up to par quickly, lol.)
1939461_777422339023_2131133393101544602_nShe has most recently begun to master the spoon and fork. That was kind of a shock. She really hasn't shown much interest in it. Would try it here and there, but usually insisted we continued to help. So we did, no big deal. Then one day over Christmas break, she got angry with me for trying to help. I backed off and have rarely helped since.

I feel kind of dumb for worrying SO stinking about her development. She has gotten everywhere she needed to be. :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice...or I will delete it. No trolls! Thank you! :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS