A few days ago, something I said, on Twitter, to another user, was the catalyst for a long running event of drama on there. I frankly think it was a long time coming, some of it. Because it finally broke down and made some cliques obvious. It divided a lot of people and it changed the way I will probably interact on Twitter. That SUCKS. I have been on Twitter for...7-8 years.
I said somethings incorrectly to someone, to this other user. That...I wasn't even able to back track and fix. Within just a few moments, I was receiving notifications for how rude it was to insinuate that my life and my situation are harder than the other user. Never said that and I didn't mean it that way. Before I knew it, the snowball effect had happened. I wasn't allowed to explain myself. Some people were calling for it, and I tried, but I got flustered. Before I knew it, the words "beloved" and "fragile" were being said about this user, as if I meant nothing. And my feelings meant nothing. My words meant nothing. . And you know what sucks? Some of these people, I have known for a long time. Some of these people have been there for me for some of the hardest times of my pregnancy and Avery's new born colicky stuff. My postpartum depression. I got a lot of advice and even baby clothes from some. I felt good interacting with them.
Many people say things and are forgiven quickly. I was not. I am not sure I was expecting to be, but I definitely didn't expect to me mocked in side conversations. GAH. That hurts the worst.
All I can say about what I did? What I said? I meant well. I stammed, I stuttered, I hurt someone's feelings on accident. I picture myself as Meredith, from The Family Stone. I didn't love her character. Sometimes she was a bitch. But sometimes she was TRYING to be nice. That's how I felt. I was TRYING.
It still is weird. How some people deserve to have posses. That some people who are sensitive are defended, are beloved. Are coddled with affirmations of how amazing they are. And others, like mysef, are told to grow thicker skin. To deal because it is Twitter.
But the Twitter I remember wasn't that way. I didn't come online and dread the replies if I complained about something or if I *GASP* had a different opinion or if I were trying to make a new mother feel lucky for what she is really fortunate to have, from MY perspective. Because I'm JEALOUS of what she has. What was really so wrong about saying I felt like she was really lucky?? From my worldview?? I never tried to say I had to worse, damn it. Not on purpose. SIGH.
I will never know, I guess, what was REALLY so unforgivable, so malicious, that it spiraled into one of the biggest Twitter feuds I have ever witnessed among my circle....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Be nice...or I will delete it. No trolls! Thank you! :)