Tuesday, July 3, 2012

I've returned to blogging...

I took a one month hiatus and I'm certain that it was noticed. But I needed to take a break. On top of it, I was annoyed with my domain: melrene.net. I was bored with it. I went ahead and decided to let it expire a couple of weeks ago. I have sat on this the last few weeks trying to decide what to do with this space.

So I temporarily deleted it. Blogger keeps your entries for 30 days, so I knew that I had that time to decide - quit blogging or change what I was blogging about.

I decided to go with the latter. I went through the little bit of posts I did have and got rid of a lot of negative stuff. I'm sure that I won't always be able to completely avoid ALL negative in my life, but I got rid of the whining. No more of that.

This past spring, it was put into my face...that I was full of drama. After some reflection, point taken. I have a lot of drama. This is how I am and this is how I've always been. I have an anxiety disorder and I work really hard to not let it affect my life, but it's been a rough period of time for Dan and I.

I'm not going to have a theme to my blog. Not just workouts, or food/recipe info (though I've been working a lot on both). But I'm fighting to write about my life in a more positive light. Maybe as something therapeutic for me. Seeing things so negatively doesn't make my anxious ways better -- it only fuels the fire.

So...here we go... With a new domain name: overdramaticmel.net.

Because I am, and probably always will be, a little dramatic (even if it's just in my own head! :D).

1 comment:

  1. i took a break from blogging because i quite honestly didn't have the time and i needed to make some decisions. because i work in social media/web i needed to have a space that was mine but was "ok" if someone found. i missed blogging and keeping 2 blogs was exhausting and my little place on the internet suffered. now it's gone and i'm trying to build a new space. dang this is so much harder than when i first started! i can't believe how long i've been following you, we live in the same state and we have never met! glad you've returned :)

    ReplyDelete

Be nice...or I will delete it. No trolls! Thank you! :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS