I love fattoush. LOVE. I also love falafel and tabouleh and pita. Nom...But my most favorite out of any of those choices will always be fattoush. I almost always get it from Schwarma King here in Kalamazoo, but it often has almost too much dressing on it!
I decided I wanted to make my own to bypass this. And found the perfect recipe:
Fattoush Salad with Grilled Chicken and Pita Chips (FOR 2 PEOPLE)
- 1 pita, torn into pieces
- 3T + 1t olive oil, divided
- 1 boneless chicken breast, cut into strips (I cut it into smaller pieces than that -- I only cut it AFTER it was grilled).
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (I quartered them!)
- 1 small cucumber seeded and chopped
- 1/4 purple onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup garbanzo beans (about 1/2 of a 15 oz can, drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 t white wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove crushed
Heat oven to 400F. Sprinkle pita with 1t of olive oil. Tear into pieces. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until crisp.
Heat grill to medium. Toss chicken with 1 T olive oil (and we ended up putting seasonings on the chicken!). Grill chicken about 6 minutes per side.
Toss romaine with tomatoes, cucumber, onion, garbanzo beans, and mint leaves. Whisk lemon juice, vinegar, garlic and 2 T olive oil. Toss with salad. Top with grilled chicken and pita "chips".
ENJOY!

That sounds really yummy!
ReplyDelete