I have barely blogged at all recently so you've been spare from the posts in which I would have bitched the entire time about how miserable I have been. The nausea. It has been EPIC. Sure, to most, I probably had the least epic of nausea episodes. However, of you recall, nothing in life makes me more anxious than nausea and the threat of throwing up. So, the past month and more has been hell on earth for me. Weeks 6-8? Really really rough. Then I have the pregnancy acne, thanks to the "glow" of the oil slick on my face, shoulders etc. My hair has also been a greasy mess. BUT! The oil production seems to have slowed and I have made it almost two days with just dry shampoo -- my routine pre-pregnancy. I haven't liked washing my hair every freaking day, as it was drying out my ends. Hoping it goes away for good soon!

I normally have a fairly flat stomach regularly. I was truly blessed with that one. And so you can see a barely there baby pooch happening there. Pretty exciting! In this pic, I'm wearing a pair of maternity velour pants my MIL had picked up for me. Normally, I would have shunned velour anything, because ew. But these are so insanely comfortable, you can't even believe it. Pregnant ladies? Kohls!!! I found these babies there.
And if there's anything that's going to test your marriage more than ever, it's the first trimester. I have been exhausted and haven't been terribly helpful around the house. Dan has been great at making sure it didn't implode inside. There's a lot of work to tackle when I feel better but we don't look like hoarders or people who don't give a crap. It's more cluttered than I like but we will get through. Dan has also taken on the role of laundry, grocery shopping and making of dinner. The rough thing about dinner is that it sounds good to me until he's slaved away over it. Then e serves it and suddenly the smell of it makes me scramble for fresh air and a zofran. The biggest offenders on my nose? Garlic and onions. And I especially love garlic!
I am truly blessed with a fantastic job right now. I'm able to work at my own pace. Able to get work done at home. And I can take breaks almost as needed. I'm really happy I went with this job. I really really am.
That's about it so far. I am finally feeling excited about this baby. While I wanted to have one, the feeling horrible part has put a damper on my excitement. I get to hear the heartbeat on Thursday! So exiting!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Be nice...or I will delete it. No trolls! Thank you! :)