Sunday, May 12, 2013

A beautiful pregnant woman? Me?

Grr. Blogger is still refusing to import my Wordpress posts. There are like, what, 6?? Maybe?? I barely posted a thing from January through now. Whatever.  My posts are now gone from the internet and only contained in an XML file because I dropped my self-hosted Wordpress over a week ago. No worries. Moving on...

- - -

Last weekend, my fabulous friend Rachael, who is also a fabulous photographer (and I mean, FABULOUS), came into town to take our maternity pictures.  Not everyone does maternity pictures. Some people don't feel they are necessary, some people do. My mother in law actually thought it was a strange concept. But I wanted amazing pictures to capture this time in our lives. We may not have any more than one child, so every moment I want to cherish. Not all moments have been cherishable, as you well know, in my opinion. Pregnancy has not been my most favorite thing on earth. So if a picture can capture for me....the beauty of it all...I want to have that picture.

And Rachael did an amazing job. I seriously was in tears (happy ones!) over these pictures. For the first time during my entire pregnancy, I felt beautiful. During the session...and especially AFTER when I saw the pictures.





I am so excited...I'm so happy to have this captured. And while I still don't love being pregnant...I finally appreciate the beauty of it.

1 comment:

  1. I've had a lot of pregnant friends and as far as I'm concerned you have been, to the outside world at least, one of the most calm, happy, glowing pregnant ladies I've seen! That's my opinion =)

    ReplyDelete

Be nice...or I will delete it. No trolls! Thank you! :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS