Sunday, July 6, 2014

Updates

You guys, I had a crazy month of June. So crazy that I never got back on here to talk about our home renovation plans. Maybe because that has been the last thing on our minds lately. I will have to do another post on it, but Avery started to FINALLY become a lot more mobile. She's a crawling fool. She's still technically behind as far as gross motor, because she's still not trying to pull to stand -- in fact, when we pull her to stand, it makes her so nervous. We'll have to work on that, getting her used to just being in a standing position. What a nervous little gal.

I resigned from my job last month. I have been on the fence with that for a long time. I have honestly been looking lightly for a new job almost the entire school year. After an interview that didn't go as I had hoped in January, I kind of stopped the serious searching, but it was still on my mind. I had not been happy. I'm not sure why the school jobs are so coveted. Maybe it's because of all the time off that one gets in the summer and holidays. But the pay sucks. And the caseloads, at least in our county, are insanely high (we REALLY needed another OT), so therefore, I had felt like I couldn't really focus and dedicate a ton of time to my students. There is so much that school OT should be involved in -- RTI (response to intervention) and 504 plans...that our county wasn't as involved in. It really stunk. I feel like everything I had learned in continuing education I couldn't even make happen. NO TIME.

I began to feel stressed out about having to do a lot of work from home, at night. I'd tackle a lot at night after Avery went to bed. I had equipment all over the place -- in my car, office, different areas of home. And frankly, I was just done with that. Our house isn't that big. And suddenly we had a ton of baby stuff all over the place as well. And every time we wanted to leave the house for the weekend, I had to unpack my car. INSANE.

I am also looking to go back to a medical model/clinical based practice. I have missed that the most.  I am also considering home health care. Which still would involve some equipment, I imagine, but there is generally less to travel with. I'm nervous about finding work, but excited about the new possibilities.

In the mean time, I escaped a few days earlier than planned for the July 4th holiday and have been enjoying the lake life. Not even thinking about pending financial DOOM.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice...or I will delete it. No trolls! Thank you! :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS