Friday, March 14, 2014

a few pieces of Mel...

I finally (FINALLY) got signed up for the CDP exchange and am so excited! I have missed the sign up for the last few and I'm feel left out when I see people chatting about it on Twitter. :)  I am excited to find out who I will be sending things to. I have fun putting together care packages for people I know...so it will be interesting to put together something for someone I don't know very well.

Anyway, what this post is about? Information about me! Hopefully, it will help the person selected to send me CDP's get to know who I am a little bit better.  (I stink at making up questions, so admittedly, I went ahead and took some from a few of the recommended questions!).

  • Tell me about your family.
    • I have been married to Dan since October 2, 2009. I can't believe it will be 5 years this year. We had big plans for a big vacation this year, but 5 years came up quickly! We met a mere year before we married. But when you know, you know. I was with someone before him, for 4 years, and nothing panned out in that relationship. To some, we got married too quickly. But I've never loved someone more. 
    • We have a daughter, Avery, who was born May 31, 2013. She is almost 10 months old and it's insane. For many years I did not want children. Pregnancy and parenthood intimidated me like nothing else.  I think we have decided that she MIGHT be our only child so I cherish every single moment with her.
  • What kind of pets do you have?
    • I have two miniature dachshunds -- Ike and Vienna. They are the most stubborn of stubborn animals in the entire world. But generally, I love them anyway.
  • If you had it to do over again what would you study in school?
    • Engineering, without a doubt in my mind. I absolutely loved math when I was younger. Loved it. In fact, in Trig my junior year, I got a 100% on my final exam. My teacher at the time encouraged me to consider engineering in college. While she was currently a teacher, she had a past career in engineering so I figured she knew a lot about it. However, my senior year, she moved across the state. She would have been the one teaching physics and calculus. The new teacher that came in?  Was horrendous. I dropped that class within 2 weeks. And after that? I lost the dream. Later on in my twenties I would consider it once more, but I chose a different path.
  • So what did you choose?
    • I chose to be an occupational therapist. No, I don't help people find jobs. But I do help them regain their independence to do the job they do best -- LIVE.  Right now, I work specifically in a school system. It is my job to help students, who qualify for special education,  participate in the general education classroom to the best of their ability. I work on fine motor coordination and visual perceptual skills, as well as sensory needs that may arise for the students. 
  • If you won the lottery, what's the first thing you would do?
    • Two things -- pay off debt and our mortgage immediately...and plan a fabulous vacation.
  • What do you miss most about being a kid?
    • Not having a thing in the world to be worried about. As I got older, it became evident that I had issues with anxiety (and later on in my twenties, it became apparent that it led me to depression on some occasions). 
  • What are some of your favorite television shows?
    • Scandal, Parenthood, Modern Family, House of Cards, How I Met Your Mother, Pretty Little Liars, Gilmore Girls
  • What book can you read over and over?
    • The Stand by Stephen King. I wish I knew what intrigued me about that book. I'm not sure if it's the apocalyptic undertones, the battle of good vs. evil, or what.  I also love reading any book about the Holocaust and World War 2. I wish I knew precisely WHY it appeals to me, but I don't! 
  • Things I LOVE
  • Coffee. Mint green and teal anything. iPhone cases (5c -- and I try changing them to match my mood that day. I'm pathetic). My iPhone and iPad (I'm addicted to trying to figure out how I can incorporate tech with real life. Dachshunds. Yoga. Walking. Microbrewed beers. 
I could really go on and on and on with these questions...Maybe I should ask my readers for questions?? If you have any for me, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice...or I will delete it. No trolls! Thank you! :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS