Ok, you guys. This is huge. HUGE. HUGER THAN HUGE. I can't stop jumping up and down, posting on Facebook or Twitter about this....MY BABY ROLLED OVER. I have been a hot mess about her gross motor development, as you all know (by my nearly daily lamenting on Twitter over this). No, she hasn't been technically behind. However, she hasn't rolled in a couple of months....She might occasionally do that on accident, but never on purpose. If she doesn't figure it out first, she may not be able to figure out a lot of other things. Like trying to crawl. Scoot. Etc etc etc.
Being an OT mama, I chatted with my mentor recently, and he suggested some things to try that I about hit my palm to my face over. Well, DUH. He steered me over to
Mama OT and her awesome blog post on tips for
rolling over.
We've been practicing just a couple of them the last couple of days -- very diligently, I might add. She mostly enjoyed this practice. She was getting close to being able to do it, but still needed a little push from us.
Today? I got home from some training and worked on it with her. Sometimes it took a few times of "winding up" for her to get over, but I caught this gem on video and MAN, I am insanely proud.
Then there was THIS:
Rolling the ball back and forth with her mommy. My heart pretty much exploded during this moment. Well, both of these moments. Two major things for her in one day!!! So...I'm feeling a MILLION times better about her development. :) And I feel pretty darn silly to have been worrying about it in the first place.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Be nice...or I will delete it. No trolls! Thank you! :)