Saturday, March 15, 2014

finding a way to track life...

I suck at organizing. So when the concept of the Bullet Journal became a huge discussion on Twitter recently, I began considering it.  Spoiler alert. I'm not following through with that plan. In fact, I'm making progress, I'm not even going to start TRYING that plan.  I have such an issue with following through.

For example....

I still struggle finding the best way to document what's going on with my day with treatment sessions and tracking my schedule.  I currently am entering notes electronically, into a google form that enters it into a spreadsheet (with only student initials so that it's not a violation of anything). Previously this year, I was doing things on paper. I'm not doing well with transferring information on paper into the current set up I have going. I WILL NEVER CATCH UP. Do I just give up? Just file the papers and from here on out enter it all electronically!?

Until November, I was using my Google Calendar -- last year and this year. But I wanted a paper planner so that I could also write in to dos. You see, I TRIED to use an app for to dos. And another app for notes. And another for my calendar. I just got overwhelmed.  For awhile I was actually keeping a paper planner AND using my phone planner. GAH.

I think my biggest problem is motivation and boredom. I don't get excited to fill up a planner. So maybe I should stop using a planner. BUT! If I use just my phone, I often just FORGET to check my to do list and notes. And, uh...I most of the time just IGNORE alerts that remind me.

At this rate, the school year is really nearing the end.  We are more than half a year complete. So forget trying to come up with a new system this year. And the fact that my husband would KILL me if I told him that the $50 planner I bought for this school year (Erin Condren), was wasted...After I spent that amount last year on a Franklin Covey. Whoops?

I really need to get my act together. I am taking on a student next fall and if I can't demonstrate that I have it all together, how am I ever going to teach them how to keep things organized!?

Does anyone have any to-die-for tips on how to keep their life organized? Apps? Methods?

- - -
Side note:

I have finally figured out a way to actually organize my work equipment, however. A Thirty One seller recently announced on Facebook a flash sale for Large Utility totes. $17.50 a piece! 50% off! I'm not a HUGE Thirty One fan but these totes are sturdy, have a metal frame around the opening and will be perfect for placing in my trunk for equipment. I will be able to switch things in and out of my black cart that I take into the school.

Now to just figure out the above dilemma.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice...or I will delete it. No trolls! Thank you! :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS